Meditation is an art that has been around since the dawn of the age of man. This is not a statement to be brushed over. This is because there is no substitute for meditation. Nothing else, single handedly, bestows the many wonderful blessings that meditation bring in fact nothing else even comes close. I will outline the top 5 benefits that meditation brings and hopefully it will inspire all to learn and practice this timeless art.
1. Enlightenment: This is the one ultimate purpose of meditation. To help you discover the True Non-Dual Nature of Reality. To make you realize that your True Self is Divine and One with God.
2. Peace & Tranquility: The mind of one who meditates is like the easy, leisurely flow of a river, as compared to the ordinary mind, which is like Niagara Falls. In other words your mind is at peace, deeply silent and so you are at peace.
3. Wisdom: Meditation opens up the channels of communication between all levels of your being. What this means is that you have access now to the guidance that is coming directly from your Divine Self. This link gives rise to the flow of intuition and wisdom.
4. Joy & Happiness: Meditation strips away the layers of false identity that mask your True Self from shinning through. Once you eliminate these false egos and stop catering to their need you can reside in your True Nature. This brings forth joy and happiness as it allows you to be at ease with life and yourself.
5. Love & Compassion: As meditation reveals to you the interconnectedness of all humanity a great sense of compassion and love will spontaneously emerge. Knowing that deep within we are all divine in nature will change the way you view the differences you see in others. This will also dramatically improve your intimate and casual relationships.
6. Stress Reduction & Good Health: This goes hand in hand. As meditation teaches you the art of living in the present moment, anxiety and worry fade more and more into the background. This state of relaxed awareness is most beneficial, to not only helping the body heal itself, but also for preventing illness and disease by eliminating the poison of stress.